Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"I used to be Snow White but I drifted"

Not really sure if Mae West was telling the truth but these two ladies actually were Snow White.

Telling her story...


Dancing

Singing...

Crying..

Biting...


Marjorie Belcher also known as Marge Champion was only a teenager when she was chosen as the model for Snow White's movements.
(She later modelled for the Blue Fairy in "Pinoccio" and the Dancing Hippo in "Fantasia")
Marge and her second husband (her first husband Art Babbitt was a top animator for Disney...) Gower Champion teamed up and danced in many successful MGM musicals during the 40's and 50's such as "Showboat" and "Lovely to look at".



All dressed up..

..glittered up..




Adriana Caselotti was the voice of Snow White.
Overhearing a conversation between her father who was a voice coach and a casting director for Disney, the 19-year-old Adriana got on the phone and began to sing and talk in a young girls voice. The embarrassed father ordered her of the phone, but not before the casting director had invited her to audition. After Walt heard her the rest was history...







On a sidenote... Those shoes! Snow White lit the spark of my shoefetish! Before I had a Barbie doll with perfect tiny plastic shoes I saw Snow White and her to-die-for bow pumps and wanted them! To this day I still search for the perfect Snow White shoes -I still haven't found them ... Maybe someday I'll have to have them made for me...

4 comments:

  1. What a great post. Snow White is my favorite. I even have Someday my prince will come on my playlist! Have a great day girlie. Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat post! I always wonder where the inspiration for Disney characters come from!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom KNEW Marge Champion! my mom was best friends with Marge's niece, and they used to play dress-up in all of her home costumes. she said that she had ballet toe shoes in every color. so nice to see this!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I love the Adriana photos you found. It's so funny that you knew about her too. I am a Disney passholder and they send us emails with information on Disney that others don't know, and there was a whole video on her! You should check out the video on youtube. It's fascinating. I have always loved Snow White since a child and am so excited to find other fans too! Have a good weekend honey! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...